Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas oh Christmas

I am so behind this year!! I just started shopping today...that's right today. For all you over achieving moms who are gasping right now I'm sorry!! I don't know what it is but I cannot get with it! Christmas is going to be over & I'm going to be left with that "what the...just happened...it's already over?!" Anyway, with that being said I've fallen behind on my cooking as well. I have also found it very hard to please the hubs w the new special diet so I'm continuously finding ways to tweek it & am finding that I may not be able to go completely non-processes as planned. But for goodness sakes I'm going to try my best & still continue to cook from scratch as much as possible. My most favorite quick meal for the kids (can be dinner or packed in a lunch) is mini whole wheat pizzas. You take whole wheat tortillas & cut little circles out (I use the bottom of a can & twist til a nice little round disk is formed), then I put them in a cupcake tin where the tortilla comes up slightly on the sides. Then I add pizza sauce (tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic, & Italian seasoning...all to taste) & mozzy cheese & any other toppings the kids might like or just keep it as cheese pizzas. Pop them in the oven @ 350 for 8-10 mins & watch them get devoured! My kids love them!! And since I'm feeling in the Christmas spirit, I'll generously give another recipe that has been a huge hit. Baked fries. Cut potatoes in wedges or however you like them cut & put them in a ziploc w olive oil until they are all coated. Put them on a baking sheet and put salt & pepper on them. Bake for 15-20 mins (kinda keep watching) @ 425. They are so good!! I could eat a whole batch! Add a hamburger (local beef if possible) & a whole wheat bun & it's a very tasty yet healthy version of burger & fries!!

No comments:

Post a Comment