Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Times they are a changin'...

We had a very uneventful weekend and it made me think how much my life has changed. When I was younger, an uneventful weekend was not heard of, I never wanted to stay home or just "do nothing". My life as a teenager and early twenties was, well...too eventful. Now, a weekend where we can just be a family and be completely unscheduled is great. Life sure does change when you grow up, get married, and become a parent. The things that used to be so important seem so minor now. When I had Avery at the age of 25 my world flipped upside down. Nothing was about me anymore. My life up to that point had been all about Melissa. What Melissa wanted, what Melissa needed. Now, I'm looking at this beautiful little girl that God trusted me to take care of. It's the most powerful, amazing feeling in the world. He decided, at that moment that my heart was going to forever walk outside my body. He knew at that time I needed her more than she needed me. Don't get me wrong, I've still made many mistakes since she's been born but I know whats important now and I try to live my life knowing that there are two pairs of little eyes and two pairs of little ears that see and hear everything I do:)

1 comment: