Sunday, February 13, 2011

All grown-up!

Well, my baby boy is growing up and is now sleeping in a "big boy" bed! Last weekend we bought him a full size mattress/box spring set to go with the back of his crib (which turns into a headboard) and re-did his room with a very cool, big boy theme of firetrucks :) My very talented friend Kristy painted the canvas' we hung on the wall (I'll post pics soon) and it looks great!! It's amazing to me how much things change and how different my kids are from day to day. I was at my in-laws this morning picking the kids up and I was watching her digital frame and there were (of course) several pictures of Garner when he was a baby. All I could do was just look at them and smile. Now dont get me wrong, there will be no more babies for us! I am actually enjoying watching them grow and become more and more independent. Plus, they are hard enough work without throwing a newborn in the mix! God knew what He was doing and He gave me a perfect little girl and a perfect little boy and even though I thought I wanted more He reminded me everyday in the midst of the chaos that our family was complete! Last night we did get to take a break from the wonderful chaos and go out to eat. My most wonderful hubby surprised me yesterday and told me his parents would be there soon to pick up the kids because they were spending the night out so that we could have a Valentine's date night! Now, for those of you who know Chase he is not the most romantic, spontaneous person so for him to plan all this AND keep it from me was huge! I was so excited and ready for my night out! We went to Spindini which is downtown on Main St and it was incredible food. Possibly the best filet I have ever eaten! I would recommend it to anyone! Happy Valentine's Day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment