Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wow! Almost 9 months since my last post! I could have had another baby! Thank the good Lord I didn't:) Anyway, I'm back on the blog scene to try and keep up with the comings and goings of us and our kids and anything else that comes along.
So, I was reading the last blog I wrote and it was about G sleeping in a big boy bed...boy does that seem like a long time ago! Time sure does fly as a parent, doesnt it?? So..what's new you ask?? Well, let me begin with an update on my baby girl. Avery is doing phenomenal. Last year we had ups and a lot of downs as far as Avery's behavior and learning skills. Chase and I (& Avery) went through so much to try and figure out if there was some underlying problem with her mental growth. Long story short, after dragging her from therapist to therapist and always feeling like it wasn't really working she started the 5T class at Hope. She has done a complete 180! We spoke with her teacher, Ms. Jennifer on the day of orientation and Chase even took off work to meet with us because we both thought it was important that she "understood" Avery. It was this long meeting that was basically pointless. Even a couple weeks into class and hearing "she did great today!" or "she was wonderful!" and seeing her sticker chart continue to be full day after day I looked at Ms Jennifer and said "I guess you think our talk was kinda crazy, dont you?!" She laughed and nodded in agreement:) Apparently, it was a whole lot of hub bub for nothing. She's wonderful. Not that she always wasn't in my eyes but you know how a parent thinks. Always wanting each child to be perfect and when something seems not right, you freak! Now about our son. Oh my son. Garner is hilarious, the center of attention, all boy, and can make anyone fall in love with him in a moments time. He's full of energy and I'm quite sure there are days his teachers, although they love him, are glad he's going home:)  He keeps us on our toes and as I said before makes us laugh at least 100 times a day.
Chase and I are doing well too. He is looking at a potential promotion with raise that should happen within the next couple of months so I am very proud of him and know he fully deserves it and that all his hardwork is paying off! I am going to back to school. I will be going to Ole Miss-Desoto in January to finally finish college and get my degree. And of course there is nothing better than graduating as a Rebel:) So, I guess that catches us up and hopefully I can get back in the blog groove!

No comments:

Post a Comment